Electric Bike Info
Five Reasons You Want an Electric Bike
1. E-bikes make pedaling easier~! Generally speaking, e-bikes are bicycles with a battery-powered “assist” that comes via pedaling and, in some cases, a throttle. When you push the pedals on a pedal-assist e-bike, a small motor engages and gives you a boost, so you can zip up hills and cruise over tough terrain without gassing yourself.
2. E-bikes go pretty fast... to a point~! The harder you pedal, the bigger the boost, the faster you’ll ride—to a point. YOU control how big of an assist you get. Most e-bikes come with a power switch that lets you adjust the boost setting from “eco” (low) to “turbo” (high), for when you want a little more oomph to help you, say, up a steep hill.
3. You'll ride a lot more, even if you already ride a lot~! Riding an e-bike can dramatically increase how often you ride! For those who aren’t frequent riders, e-bikes open up a whole new world. While you may not be conditioned to ride 5-10 miles at a time, you can cover those distances easily with an electrical assist, which is a great way to build endurance and confidence.
4. There's an e-bike for everything~! Name a type of riding, and there’s an e-bike for that. If you have zero interest in an electric road bike, you may find yourself head over heels for a high-capacity e-cargo bike that can haul 400 pounds of stuff while still cruising at a cool 15 mph. E-bikes are available in fat, cargo, commuter, recreational, hardtail, full-suspension mountain, and even performance road bike styles.
5. They can totally replace driving~! People are buying electric bicycles as a way to reduce car trips. All you need is a great commuter bag to carry your stuff, and you’re set.